blog background

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Introducing......

August 12th- finally here! I did not go into labor on my own...go figure!  So, I called the hospital at 6am to see if they had space for me to come in to be induced again (3rd time with 3rd boy...what is it with these silly boys!).  They gave us the go ahead and so I was up, dressed, ready to go and at the hospital by 7:15ish.  Chris and I were excited! Finally we'd see our sweet little one we've been waiting since December!  I was to my nice room with a wonderful nurse (she was my very first nurse I had when I went into the office for my first visit with this pregnancy- she works Part-time in both places...crazy I know!) Anyway, she immediately made me laugh and feel very comfortable!  After all 100 questions for the medical history....and again it took 2 sticks for my IV...I received penicillin and then my nurse midwife came in to tell me they would wait a little bit before breaking my water to let the antibiotics set in well.  I received another dose at 1pm.  Marty, CNM was wonderful too! I'm VERY glad I went with the midwives this time....more laid back and I tried not to think about all the 'what if's' with this pregnancy- I really enjoyed it...except all the heartburn!  Anyway, Marty broke my water at 2:10pm.  I quickly wanted out of the bed because my back was soon hurting.  Oh, and I was on pitocin too....not full blown like Hunter but the nurses were turning it up every 30 minutes or so!  I got on the ball- a WONDERUL way to breathe through all the pain with contractions.  I am still shocked that one of my friends in UT called me while my contractions were getting a bit stronger.  I only chatted for a minute and told her I wished she was here...(she was my nurse/dula/HUGE help with Ethan's delivery) and I'd call her back later! Chris was also wonderful- pushing and holding pressure to my back with each contraction.  He was really great!  I told him at about almost 4:45- I was really really REALLY hurting and he needed to get the nurse.  I was still on the ball though and he didn't want to leave me by myself to get the nurse.  I told him to go NOW and get someone.  I got into bed and they came in checked me....I was just about complete- 10cm and ready to have this baby!  Our little boy was soon born- 5:19pm weighing 9lbs 3oz and 20.5 inches long.  Chris and I let the kids name him! Ryan Thomas Jeppson.  We are offically a family of 6- well 7 including the dog!  At the end...I was in so much pain...I didn't think I could do it (without any meds- this is always how it is- Chris encouraged me and helped me through the last bit of pain). Thank you honey! I couldn't have done it without you!!















1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Congrats again Chandra! So fun that your kids named him. They did a great job. Hope you are feeling great! Can't wait to see you!