blog background

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

39 weeks....

So today I am 39 weeks.  I am ready...still need to pack that bag but besides that, we are ready! LOL! At my last MD's appointment on Tuesday, I am 50% and 3-4 cm dialated!  WOW! I have never been dialated on my own...I know it sounds crazy! The past 2 days have been low key here at home.  I did a little swimming yesterday with the kids at the local pool.....brrrr that water was cold~ We've had alot of rain at night lately!  I was happy to be home this morning.  The kids did their chores and everything was done by 10am pretty much.  We watched a friend's little boy until just after lunch.  We played outside for a bit!
Hunter had a big day....we took his training wheels off.....and away he went!  He's our kid that not only loves his bike...but the scooter too! He's super fast and has balance like you wouldn't believe on that scooter...flys way to fast for me down these hills around here! So, he was ready!!! Oh, I just loved the look on his face...he was so proud of himself....and to watch Ethan and Alexis and how they helped hold up his bike and get him started...it was wonderful! As a mom, it was a proud moment for me!
I love being a mother....there is nothing greater besides being married than being a mom to these kids....I feel inadequate most of the time.  I still have so much to learn!  But, today, watching the 3 of them help and work together was a moment for me of how precious children are!  I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who sent them here for Chris and I to raise....and with a new little addition coming any day....tears fill my eyes and love touches my heart of the amazement and wonder of it all....of an eternal family!  I am blessed beyond words....I am so grateful to my parents who gave me the best upbringing they knew how.  They taught me values.  They loved me.  Now I can teach my own children those values and with lots of prayer and hard work, watch them grow from 'little people' to 'big people'.  I love this life and hope to always cherish each moment with my family.  Life is too short to yell and scream and be unhappy all the time.  It's just not worth it!  I realize that when I get 'stressed out', I need a time out too.....and come back ready to teach with love and try and be ready for what life brings.
I am also so happy to be married to a great guy!  He works hard to provide, support and love our family!  He helps me to become who I want to be!  Thank you Chris- I love you.  The kids love him so.  For some things, they actually run to him first before they want me!  I love that the kids feel love, comfort and safety in our home!  Home CAN be a heaven on earth!  That is our goal!
I guess I just had several moments recently of gratitude and thankfulness for being in the position I am in lately.  It's not all roses, don't get me wrong....and some days are just 'a little off' but I wouldn't change it for anything.  I know I have a loving Heavenly Father who knows me personally and answers my prayers- not always in the way I would like, but he answers them none the less!  I know we are not alone in this world.  We have been put in families to help us succeed and do our best!  I love having that knowledge.  I am grateful for it!  I love looking at old pictures....you can see the kids' personalities coming out in these pictures!







  

No comments: