blog background

Thursday, August 1, 2013

July 31st....

Because the baby is breech and I am now 38 weeks to the day, Chris and I, along with the NP/MD's decided to try one more thing~ manually turn the baby with ultrasound.  I would be completely relaxed having to go under anesthesia with a slightly higher than 50% of turning him! This is me before leaving for the hospital....38 weeks to the day! I am the heaviest I've ever been...but only by several pounds.  I do feel pretty good though....and the baby is growing and moving ALL the time! I couldn't sleep very well last evening~ afraid I would oversleep and nervous I think and I did feel the baby moving like a tornado!!!  I pleeded with Heavenly Father that we need several small miracles to come quickly in the next week!  Little did I know we'd receive one today.
 After Chris dropped me off  just after 6am, he headed for his interview in TN/ I was put in a really huge, nice room.  I couldn't eat/drink after 9pm the night before so it took 2 tries to start my IV...ouch!  (18 gauge needles in the hand really hurt).  But I was brave and tried not to think about it!  A little after 7am, the MD (who is our bishop at church and I completely love and respect him- he's a WONDERFUL MD) came in to say that he need to do an emergency C-section now and then he'd come back and do the procedure.  I told him not to worry, to do whatever he had to do and I'd be here. LOL! He quickly checked by ultrasound to make sure baby was still in breech position and low and behold, he was head down! I couldn't believe it! He told the RN to cancel the procedure and that I would go home and he'd see me in the office next week....that easy! THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER!!!  Miracle granted.  I was beyond thrilled and within 10 minutes walking down the hallway to leave!!!  Hopefully he stays down and this little one is cooperative!!!!

No comments: