blog background

Saturday, May 23, 2009

.......Could be the real thing?

So, we are headed to the hospital to be induced again tonight....I definitely feel like this is it this time! we are 1 week overdue today...only 7 days....it could be worse I guess! I haven't slept comfortable in 3 days now- tossing and turning all night! It's not fun. I've already walked for 35 minutes today on the treadmill. Feel good! The house is as clean as it's going to get....I'm just so sick of cleaning! My 3rd session of acupuncture didn't work. It was an interesting experience. I've never done it before! I went on Wednesday. I was fine with the tiny needles going into different spots on my hands and feet...except for the little toe! I never got used to that spot. I don't care of it's the "most important spot" as the MD stayed! I didn't like it! I spent 20 minutes the first day, 40 minutes on Thursday, and 50 minutes yesterday! I could hardly get off the table the first two days, contracting throughout the day both days but they would fizzle out by night! Yesterdays visit, I sat up with no contractions at all! In my mind, I was saying, "ok....been there, done this, thanks, but I'm finished!" I had to stay optimistic though, especially when the MD came in to say, "we are really going to electrify this little one!" I then asked, "Is this safe?" She laughed and gave lots of reassurance. I closed my eyes and pictured the baby here and holding him. But after all was said and done, Chris and I went to a work party and came home with no "feeling of baby on the way soon." What a stubborn little guy! I hope this doesn't mean he'll be late for everything!!! heehee!
It's been a good week though! I've worked another week with some overtime even! The kids are with my mom and dad and keep saying they'll come home when the baby is here! They have been to a dinosaur museum, bethany beach, ocean city, fishing, rode bikes, helped my mom cut the tall lawn with snakes slithering by. Mom accidently chopped one up with the weedeater. It was hilarious listening to Ethan tell me the story! They have played with cousins and just have been nonstop since they left our house! I'm sure my mom is getting tired though, and I'm ready for them to be home now!
Well, until later....

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Awwww,,, I totally dreamed I went with you to Food Lion and you went in to labor and had TRIPLETS! I hope he is here tomorrow! I can hardly wait to meet him!

Margaret said...

Fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Come out little one!