blog background

Friday, May 15, 2009

Home again...now the waiting game!!!



After 12 hours of Cervidil and 12 hours of Pitocin we came home. Her status never changed; she was admitted at a dilation of 1 with about 50% effacement and she was discharged at the same status. The nurses couldn't get over what Chandra and I did to pass the time. On top of the racing around and our nurse serving as a pit crew to realign the wireless monitors that kept slipping, we had someone from Chandra's unit send us a pack of SkipBo (we played 3 games), watched TV, surfed the web, read the newspaper, and kicked the exercise ball around the room. Because the wireless monitors had so many issues we became grounded by the 40th lap; and we still had 460 to go. Cabin fever was running rampant and we began kicking the ball back and forth out of boredom; we wanted to be up and let gravity work with us, but we couldn't leave the 10-foot radius allowed by the tubes and wires. Anyway, they enjoyed watching us kick the ball so much they even mentioned it to the physician as part of their report.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

if you want to try an herbal/homeopathic route, go with black and blue cohosh, or evening primrose oil, or red raspberry leaf tea ...or my favorites are spicy taco soup (use "pato" brand spicy tomato sauce) and pineapple (not together with the soup), and you can always try the nasty nasty castor oil...but I don't recommend that unless it's a last ditch effort.

Geneva said...

i would also try accupunture...i know so many people that swear by it. if you are at least 40 weeks, i know a couple practitioners in the area. castor oil only helps if your body is ready and it sounds like yours is not :) i know you want this baby NOW, but i'm glad they sent you home instead of pushing it. this same thing just happened to my sister's sister-in-law...she went into labor a few days later. you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Amy said...

How frustrating! I went to the hospital one night when I was about 2 weeks out from my due date and was having regular contractions from 10 until about 3 in the morning, but I had NO CHANGE! It can be so frustrating! I delivered less than a week later, but I was induced.

Good luck--I hope Hunter gets here SOON!

Doug said...

Any news? I had a day of false labor w/ Liam, in the hospital with no change. I was not a happy camper to be going home but did go into labor the next day.

Becca

Chandra said...

I'm working in the ED tonight....having good contractions...with some painful ones...this is exciting!!!
Still no baby..but hopeful. Tomorrow, lets walk the block all morning...what do you say!?!

Jen said...

You crack me up! After being induced you're back to work, you crazy! :) Again, you are the amazing one. You are like the energizer bunny that just keeps going and going. I'm excited for you and with all the activity the baby is sure to come soon. You know the things I recommend for inducing labor. I don't want to list them here, they're a little personal! :) Take care and hope to hear of a baby soon.

Chris said...

I was also at work yesterday. Some nurses were describing to me how to find some obscure supply closet to rendezvous with Chandra in, but she said she was "too busy". Maybe we can find the time in 2-6 months or so.