blog background

Monday, June 25, 2012

Week of Wonder.....

This week is beginning wonderfully! Sunday I picked up a 4 hour shift before going to church to have my cup filled for the upcoming events of my week!  I enjoy the sweet feeling of peace when I contemplate the Saviour's love He has for me.  Without Him, I am nothing!  I went fasting for a special purpose~ a family member-distant- lost the oldest of several children this past week.  Tanner was 17, at just the beginning of his life, when he drowned in a lake at the beginning of a High Adventure Camp.  I just kept thinking about the work Tanner would be doing on the other side.  I kept thinking about the family he has left behind to weather the storm of this life without him, although he is right by their side.  I came away comforted.  Even at dinner as Ethan blessed the food, I thought about this family, now with one empty chair at their dinner table, folding laundry for a boy who will not wear his clothes.  But, I was thinking also about a quote from one of our Church leaders I heard in Sacrament: Our own personal cross(es) are easier to bear if we keep moving forward.  Don't let Satan get the best of you- keep your heads up, continue to progress, one step at a time.  I needed to hear this.  I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ!









Today, I volunteered at a local park for a Cub Scout Camp- going all week.  It was absolutely so much fun!  I helped out with the craft section.  We made 2 crafts, a leather bookmark (with mallets and stamps the kids had to hammer onto their bookmarks) and a clown (which was either a magnet and/or a hankerchief holder for their sash).  7 groups in all...about 85 kids total.  Everyone had a great time!  It was so fun for me to watch Ethan with his buddies: getting to know them better, interacting with his leaders, having fun!  I just sat back and watched these boys~all different shapes and sizes~come together to accomplish something on their own AND together.  Some are learning new skills, some are new to scouts, some old pros, but all helping each other and enjoying it!  I had such a great time myself!  Here are some pics for the day!

No comments: