blog background

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Let's jump into June!!!

During the last week of school, Alexis received a few awards in her class as she finished up her first year of school!  She received the Citizenship Award, given to one boy and one girl who exemplified an all around good citizen, along with perfect attendance!  She was so excited and we are thrilled that she has done so well and loves school!  Here is a picture of one of her best buds Carter, who also received this award! We couldn't be more proud of our little girl!  She has been blessed with many talents and abilities and smiles that are contagious!

Ethan also received an award for perfect attendance but I didn't get a picture of him....ooopps!

The 2nd to last day of school was Field Day....and I volunteered again for whatever they needed help with.  Funny thing, I was put in for the slip and slide again, 2 years in a row now! I think I'm going to try and do this every year...it's really fun and getting wet in the hot weather is a bonus (although this year I wore a sweatshirt b/c it was cold- the poor kids were shivering as we heaved them down the slide, they screamed going down and then back up to do it again!) I enjoyed seeing all the classes and all of the kids- they are such a great group!  I hope to be able to do this again next year!

Ethan and Alexis wanted to do 4-H Camp, and for such a small amount (I still can't believe all the things they did), Chris and I decided to put them in this summer.  Camp was at a local park, so nice in not having to drive far!  It was so fun to watch them learn and make some new things.  Ethan received a certificate at the end of the camp as a 'tiger' because he was quick to jump into all the activities they did....including Zumba on their 'healthy' day! ;)
 Alexis was given the 'artist' award for her creativity in drawing and sculpting! 

We have been so grateful to our friends and family who give us/let us borrow clothes for the kids!  It is just wonderful!  Hunter has had such nice things given to him...he's such a little stud muffin!
Alexis was given 2 HUGE bags of clothing from my cousin's little girl!  BOY ARE WE BLESSED!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!  Alexis loves this dress and so do I....I wish I had this in my size! What a beauty! ;)

 Alexis, Ethan, Breanna, Hunter...... before breakfast this past weekend!


Alexis enjoys riding with my dad on his motorcycle around town....JJ's ice cream is their favorite spot together, I think!  Now that Dad moved back home, we will miss him giving us all rides here and there.....this bike rides so smoothly! LOVE IT!



No comments: