blog background

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Swim Team: Sharks vs Spotswood

So, today was Ethan and Alexis' 2nd swim team meet!  I have not posted about the swim team yet, mostly because these days, I am running around busy and just haven't made time!  I'm sure most moms are sitting around during these summer days also! LOL, right moms!!!! Well, Ethan heard about the Broadway Sharks swim team from scouts!  AND HE WANTED TO DO IT!!! Well, so did Alexis, so here we GO!! Honestly, I'm so very glad we did!  They both can swim, but need more practice with refining strokes and are working towards becoming stronger swimmers!  I'm SO proud of both of them! They are working hard AND loving it, which in turn makes me so happy! Some days, we go to practice both morning and evening, some days only evening practice.  Needless to say, Hunter's 'dress' for the day is mostly his swimming suit and matching shirt!!  His hope is to be in the little pool while his brother and sister are practicing in the big pool!!!!

Our first swim meet was against Spotswood on June 19th.  It was so fun! Everything was so new....and Ethan and Alexis were slightly nervous only because they didn't really know how everything would flow together...and I was no help because this was also my first time!  Chris came from school to watch the kids! The pool deck there was small....it was seriously organized choas!!! But still, it was fun to be there and watch everything unfold.  The kids enjoyed themselves and did their best!! Alexis was in one event- the Freestyle- 25 meters.  She did AWESOME and made it all the way- her time was 59.36- she was 12th out of 12- and I was so proud of her! The first thing she said to me when she got out of the pool was "Mom, I swam hard the whole way!" YES YOU DID ALEXIS!!! She was all smiles and I was so proud of her! She did AWESOME!!! Ethan did equally AWESOME with his events- the Breast stroke, which he was disqualified for not keeping his feet turned out, and the Freestyle~ which he timed a 39.35 second 25 meters- he placed 13th out of 19. 
My goal for them is to learn new skills, improve their time, become a stronger swimmer and HAVE FUN!!!! So far, they are achieving these goals! Here are some pics from the first swim meet!

Ethan and Alexis on the way to the Meet!
 Ethan and Daddy!
 Alexis and Hunter
 Alexis with her Daddy getting pumped up to swim!
 Ethan in his first event!
 Ethan with his friend Luke!!
 Smiling Hunter boy!
 Hunter with his buddy Cole!
 Alexis swimming her race!


1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I must say, YOU are AMAZING!!! You are doing such fun and great things this summer! We are being lazy around here. Love the posts! Great job to your kids in the swim meet!