blog background

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2013

This year for Thanksgiving was very different from all the rest!  Chris was to come home, but plans changed somewhat last minute and he would not be coming home until the Saturday after Thanksgiving!  Ethan has been talking about going hunting with my dad for the past YEAR (since last Thanksgiving) and so Dad took him.  He got a 2 pointer!!!! Those two did not come home until right before we sat down to eat!  The sister missionaries from our church also came over...they did not have a place to eat and so naturally, I invited them over!  We had so much yummy food...all the Thanksgiving favorites!  It was a great day.  I did all cooking too...my first time.  The hardest thing about it all is to keep everything warm with only 1 oven....next house I must have a double oven!!! I did as much prep work the day before as I could.  We watched the parade in the morning!  Don't you just love to see all the floats AND JMU's marching band was there and opened up for the parade, which was completely awesome! GO DUKES!!!! The kids had an enjoyable time and Ethan and Dad came back with deer meet...so we are set for meet for awhile! Although Ethan came home in the same clothes he left in, he did tell me he brushed his teeth!!!! LOL! He said it was so cold, he just dressed in layers!  Here are a few pics...
 


No comments: