blog background

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Saturday to remember

So, my family came down to celebrate Alexis' birthday and boy did we celebrate! She wanted to go to Down Home on the Farm.  Chris and I were slightly nervous, b/c it's quite expensive with 15 people, but we knew it would work out! 
The day began with going to Christmas in October at Church.  Christina and I got several quick hours to ourselves, which was SO FUN...and needed!  Mom and Dad took all 5 kids while Chris and Ethan delivered Scout bags for food drive in the morning.  We all met up at Main Street in Broadway for the old car show and fall festival.  This was an event not to miss.  Chris left to study and would meet up with us later in the evening at the Farm.  Everyone else ate hot dogs and doughnuts so rich even I could only eat 1 (now that's really saying something).  They were GREAT!  All the activities were free for kids.  There were several boucy houses, 4-H animals to hold, old cars to love (particularly Ethan and my dad) and lots of crafts and music playing.  We spent several hours there.








From there, we travelled home, just down the road, "for a rest" as my sister thinks she is always busy when visiting me! HA! Little did she know I had her and my parents helping me with all the scouting popcorn/peanut sales while the kids played outside! (I love you Christina).  No, I was seriously grateful though.  Ethan's pack sold several thousand dollars worth of popcorn/peanuts and so this was a huge job I was so thankful for their help.  After cleaning up all of that and counting money and tallying, we quickly ate and set off for Down Home on the Farm.  Alexis requested we go there, and so we went.  But, I was so thankful to a friend who told me it was 4-H night (I didn't know)!!! So, instead of paying over $100 dollars, everyone got in for $36 bucks! I was SO thankful!  AND we even had a bonfire with hotdogs, chips, water and s'mores!  It was seriously such a miracle for me!  The kids and adults had a blast!  We rode the cow train, and carousel several times, went down the slide as many times as we could, ate (again), visited the animals, played on the bullheads, swung from the horse swings, played bowling, had a duck race with water pumps AND once it was dark, we did the 45 minute corn maze by flashlight!!! Mom, Dad, Chris and Christina- you guys are hilarious!!! We had a wonderful time!! I feel so blessed to be able to spend time with my family in such a beautiful part of the country!! Here are a few pics!







 Mom, Dad, Me, and Christina....the original Hunt family! (With Hunter trying to get into the picture)





No comments: