blog background

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fun times with friends....

So, last evening I took the night off and we, as a family went to church for our annual chili cook-off! It was delicious....Chris was one of the judges, so he loved that part! So, sitting at the table, one of Lexi's teachers from Primary class was asking me if I had heard the funny statement Lexi made! It went like this:
Teacher: Name some things that Heavenly Father has blessed us with- Physical things like things we can see and feel.
Classmates: Food, clothes, animals, grass, trees
Alexis: Insurance!
Teacher: What hunny....what did you say?
Alexis: you know, insurance!

What can I say....I think she overheard Chris and I talking about us switching roles at work...and she must have picked it up from that conversation!!!!

Ethan is doing well too and as always trying to be the big brother by doing lots of chores without being asked like making his bed, separating the laundry. Today he even started the laundry without me knowing it....a little too much soap...but hey, I'm impressed!!! I can't believe how much the kids are growing up. It makes me so happy....and yet so sad!
Pregnancy is going great! Baby is kicking all the time and the best thing is that I only have 4 more IM injections in the hip/bum to take!!! YEAH!!!!! I hate those things...I love to start IV's and give shots but am horrible at being on the receiving end.

3 comments:

Maegan said...

Why are you having to get shots?

Amy said...

That's so cute about "insurance." It's so funny what they pick up. I also love the laundry story. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to me one day in the future. Jamie adores "helping" me with everything.

Susan said...

I didn't even realize you were expecting! Yikes - I'm behind! How exciting! Your kids' stories are so cute! They say the funniest things! I still get after Caroline for nose-picking! What's up with that?