blog background

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Car Wash Mahem

This is probably my first post on this blog, but it was a good laugh and I should share it....
To get the kids out of the house we went to wash the car. Ethan was very excited about using the power sprayer. I put the money in and sure enough, as I experienced when his age, he was blown into the wall when the spray kicked in. I held onto him and Lexi--who was squealing about not wanting to get sprayed--and our troop worked our way around the car. I heard the beeping and tried to get the kids to make their way back to the beginning in order to add more quarters. I repeatedly told Ethan just to spray the car and my reminders became louder and more frantic as Ethan was deviating more and more away from the car and...Yup, he got me.
He ended up doing a 360 and blamed it on the sprayer. The string of cars waiting for the automatic wash got a good show watching the Dad hollering behind a cloud of mist with the Girl squealing while the Boy was grinning and still spraying.

6 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Nice story Chris.. You made me laugh! Have a great day!

Crystal said...

Awesome! Those things do pack quite a punch!! The kiddos must not be pneumonia-ridden any longer, which is great! Pretty soon, that spray will feel good! Yay, warm weather.

Anonymous said...

That's funny stuff! Kids are so great!

Maegan said...

Pretty priceless Chris. By the way, its mayhem. Just want you to look like a great speller on the blog.

The Caldwell's said...

Hi Chandra! Rachel just told me about your blog.
How are you guys? 2 with one on the way? Congrats! Clarke and I have a blog too...www.cscaldwell.blogspot.com
I'm glad I can read up about you and your family!

Jen said...

Too funny! Good to hear from you Chris.