blog background

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sleep is NOT over-rated!!!

Now that my 5 day night shifts from 8 hours to 15 hours each night is over, I am able to sleep! Bless my mom who saved our family this past week as she took over and watched/played/loved/cared for my kiddies. They were looking forward to this time and I know that they got way too many sweets...but lots of love! Thanks mom! Now that I slept for a straight 15 hours or so....I am like a new woman!
While I was working, Alexis had another funny moment. My mom had bought a package of chocolate chip cookies...of which they ate over a 2-3 day period. One morning they finished them all, continuing to fill their cups and dunk their cookies in milk until all the cookies were gone. Alexis loves cookies, as does Ethan....What kid doesn't, right!?! Anyway, that night, I was working and so Alexis slept on my side of the bed. She woke up that night, crying and attempting to get out of bed, whining and saying, "I wanna cookie." Chris woke up and told her to get in bed and go to sleep. She was so out of it that she climbed back into bed and said, "ok, dad." She then went back to sleep! What a funny girl who loves her chocolate....just like her mommy! :) I've started a journal about the funny, silly things my kiddies are saying these days. Hope all is well. I'm on a mini-vacation right now and enjoying staying as far away from work as possible!!!
The baby is growing and doing well loving to spin and kick his mommy all the time. We will be 24 weeks this Saturday. Thank you to all for the thoughts and prayers in our behalf in having a good pregnancy.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You're amazing Chandra! You just keep going and going and going. Take care of yourself, you deserve it.

Crystal said...

I feel you with the sleep thing! That is for sure, it is at such a prime now that it is all I think about. I am SO GLAD you had your mom's help! What a blessing, indeed. I honestly have been concerned about your lack of sleep since this summer and your days after days of 2 hours or less. That is not good, Chandra! And! How do you stay so happy?! That is the first thing that goes with me- I get weepy, grumpy, fussy and downright unpleaseant when I am missing sleep. Which I am. Which explains a lot if you get to live with me ;-)

Anyway, I adore you, I am so glad you moved here. I think you are such a light and inspiration. I am so blessed because of you. I really am!

Melanie said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a midnight snack! I'm shocked that Chris just wouldn't get her a cookie! ;)