blog background

Friday, January 16, 2009

Lexi 3 going on 13...


Alexis is such a sweet-heart. She melts your heart with her language of love and her kisses, snuggles and hugs that she gives. Lately, she has also been such a talkative little girl. She's so very smart and because Ethan and her are only 17 months apart...she follows everything and knows almost everything Ethan does!
Walking into preschool this morning, she was busy telling me that because it was 10*F outside, we must have gloves to protect our fingers and hands from the cold weather outside. She was busy telling me that it was winter...which meant it was very cold outside for a long time and we need to take care of our bodies so we have them for a long time. One of the dads was behind us to pick up his son...he wasn't wearing gloves, and Lexi said to him, You need gloves! Where are they. Would you like to wear one of mine...I will share...then she went on about how it was winter and cold outside and ......just like she had told me...it was so funny. I could hardly hold it in. The nice man just looked at me and said...boy does she like to talk!!!
We were sitting eating lunch today talking about things. Ethan was talking about flying to Utah to visit family and about how he almost has enough money for a ticket to fly on the big airplane. Then Alexis pipes in and says, "Yeah, mom. I want to fly on the big airplane with Ethan's money too." When I asked her about using her money....she says " no way, I'm saving for something else and I won't have enough if I have to pay myself!!!" It was so funny. I was completely taken back....where do these kids get some of these ideas from. I love being able to be home and partake of their goodness...and craziness!!!! I love being a mom!

6 comments:

Jess said...

She is so funny. Kids say the funniest things. I'm starting to write silly things my kids say in a book, that way I can remember some of the things. Another bay huh?!? We'll think of some names for your little guy. I've always liked the name Trevor. Good luck & we're always thinking of you guys!!!

Jen said...

They get it from the best budgeter I know! You're a great teacher and you can tell from how the children repeat what you tell them!

Crystal said...

What special kids! Just wait baby three is going to be smart too because he will be coached from day one by his sister AND his brother. Lexi always makes me smile and she is so so so beautiful.

Are you getting any more sleep?!

GRANDPA UTAH said...

Thanks, Chandra, for sharing these moments with us. We miss you guys.

Rachel said...

Hi Chandra! I can't believe i found your blog. Hope all is well. The kids are darling! :) Your old roommie, Rachel

Melanie said...

I bet your little girl is so sassy! She's so cute and reminds me of you! Especially her facial expressions!