blog background

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

My parents got Alexis this Smithsonian Kit for Christmas...I think from Costco (I LOVE THIS PLACE).  Anyway, it had a gem finder, a volcano and a rocket to make.  The kids LOVED this gift.  They were scientists digging for gems and matching them up to the sheet that tells the gems' name and some facts about each one.   

 Next, they worked on making a plaster volcano...painting and then setting it off with baking soda and vinegar.  I told them how this chemical reaction occurred!  They were thrilled.



 Ryan hanging out on Hunter's Christmas pillowcase I made for him.  This year, instead of PJ's, I made each one a Christmas pillowcase!  They loved them.  Thank you Momma Jeppson for the idea!!! So easy and so fun to do!!!!  I gave some as gifts as well to a few special people.  I think they enjoyed them!
 Aunt Vicki gave Hunter these scratch off pictures.  The set of 6 kept him busy busy busy!!!!
 Ryan enjoying Mam-mah and Pap-Pap's gift of a firestruck ABC's.  He loves the lights and songs!

 My parents bought this heater....because my dad is spending ALOT of time down here (While Chris is in SC and I'm working, Dad is our full time babysitter- THANK YOU DAD and MOM).  He says it's cold...and honestly, I'm VERY glad they are graciously letting us borrow this... it's been on more than off since they bought it!  The kids love sitting in front of it too...our next house will have some sort of fireplace/pellet stove....something to warm up the rooms!!!
 Ryan sure loves keeping warm...this boy always has a smile on his face!!!! Love him!

 My dad found this horse at a yard sale.....Ryan enjoys it!

No comments: