blog background

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christmas

Each year for the December month, we as a family wake up and during breakfast we read from the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John of the account leading up to the Savior's birth.  We also have 24 day count down Christmas stories Chris' mom put together that we love.  We read one per day.  Each has a scripture to go with it.  We always finish up with reading Luke Chapter 2 on Christmas Eve.  This year was extremely special, I think becuase Ethan and Alexis are getting older and they are enjoying getting to know the Savior at a more personal level.  It was especially neat for me to hear their comments and for us to discuss them and how we can apply the Savior's teachings to our lives today...everyday!  The reason for the season of course!  It's not in all the gift giving, not in all the baking, hustle and bustle that the 'world' would like us to think....it's the SAVIOR and celebrating his birth, his life!  I hope everyone had a memorable Christmas, one that you were able to reach out to someone else and bless their life!  We were able to write our testimony of the Savior as a family this season and place it in our family journal.  I treasure these activities we do.  I love my family, my husband who works so hard to provide for our family, and my children, each one bring special gifts and talents that only they possess.  I am truly blessed!


No comments: