blog background

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 13th- West Virginia Wedding

Chris had an interview in PA, so we drove up on July 12th.  We stayed with my Aunt on Friday night.  She had made a wonderful, delicious dinner for us~ Lazagna, salad, green beans, bread!  YUMMY!!! Thank you Aunt Paula for letting us stay and visit!
 

 Bryan and Christina's wedding was beautiful.  After 8 years of dating, they are finally hitched!!!!

 HAHAHAH!! Can't believe that Ethan caught the garter....Haley the bouquette!!! 
 Hunter being so silly with Aunt Paula....
 Love this picture of all the grandkids thus far.......what a really great bunch of kids....the clean up well, don't they! I love you all!!!!
 Dad with my cousin Chad (Paula's youngest son).  I have fond memories of playing with Chad when we were little.  He is 2 years older than me.
 Christina, Mom and I....35 1/2 weeks pregnant with baby #4. 
 Love the boys.....Chris with David
 Me with my sister Christina!
 Uncle Jerry with Aunt Barb.....dad's brother and sister....
 Aunt Barb with Aunt Paula.....dad's sisters (Carolyn missing).  These beautiful ladies are looking like grandma (as I remember her looking when I was young) more and more as they get older. 
After the wedding, we travelled to my cousin Pete and Dawn Miller's home.  We slept their Saturday evening and was able to enjoy our next day with lots of family.  The boys went up to cut a tree down for Christina and David's mantle over their fireplace!  What a beautiful place Pete has....check out his barn, bush hog, lots of land...horses, cows, bee hives (honey is amazing)....and Dawn's cooking- doesn't get ANY better than this folks.  I enjoy seeing all the cousins too!  
 Ethan found a turtle to show everyone.....cousins....

 One, Two, Three.....this was a huge tree stump...... solid pine...oak....I'm not sure exactly!

 Uncle Junior and I... one of my favorite Uncles!
 The kids played with the slip'n'slide and the tree swing is wonderful!!!!
 Dad, me and Bub....(Clarence- George, Willie, Botch's father)
It's always a sad time to leave West Virginia....so many WONDERFUL memories every summer staying for a month.....and each year I go, I soak in as much as possible.  I am truly blessed with a fun, good family.  Nope- not perfect, but no one is!  I love them so much and am SO grateful for EVERYONE!!!! Some cousins I hadn't seen in YEARS.... that I was able to visit with this time!  Thankful for the memories! Thank you Pete and Dawn for housing us and feeding us such wonderful food....Love you both so much!!!! Until next year.....

No comments: