blog background

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Annual Tent Camping

Each year since we have lived in our house~ 5 years now~ we set the tent up in our backyard for a night and 'camp out'.  I think it was Ethan's idea when he was younger and it's been tradition ever since! It is fun to get set up and sleep out under the stars...with our air mattress.  The dog even enjoyed himself this year!!!  We did this on the 1st of July! Chris put our fan inside the tent with an extension cord...I was glad b/c it got hot.  We didn't even have a sheet over us (which is unheard of for me b/c I like to be covered with something even if it's hot)  The kids enjoyed sleeping in their sleeping bags.  We told stories while looking up at the stars.  I know I slept but I'm not sure when.  It was after 11pm when we fell asleep.  It began raining around 2am...thank goodness Chris and Ethan put the rain flap on.  With each toss and turn, our air mattress was loosing air.....woke up at 4 on the ground...too lazy to move inside b/c then Chris would be on the ground completely (with both of us on it, we had a little bit of air! LOL!)  It was a good night....kids loved it!  I was glad for my bed the next evening...let me just say!  Good memories!

 
 Alexis trying out the doggie door!  Hello there!!!!

 Daddy and Ethan set the tent up quickly! Happy backyard tenting!!!!

No comments: