blog background

Monday, June 29, 2009

Feelings come....

All is well here! Just a quick post. Ethan and Alexis have had a busy busy week. Birthday parties, swimming, water play, riding bikes, going to the parks with friends around the neighborhood, library story time, reading, coloring, working on letters and their sounds, getting to know some sight words....I know there is more, but my mind has had all it can take for today! Hunter has been eating, sleeping, and pooping very well lately! He's growing like a weed! I know that at least 1 out of every 3 nights will be a good one...as for the other 2, lets just say that sleep is something I can see but it's so far distant! I want it to come to me....right by me...and stay for awhile! Today I think I've just tried to do too much....but I'm feeling very overwhelmed at the moment....not just with one thing....but with all things of life! I just want a hot bath....some time for me without feeling guilty about not being with the kids! Tomorrow will be a better day....until then! Maybe I just need a vacation!!!! I'm trying not to feel so overwhelmed at the moment....I know that lots of mom's have lots of kids...but for me....3 is just slightly overwhelming....it's only been 5 weeks but I can get really anxious at times still!
Chris is busy studying for biochem....oh how he needs to do well in this class. His final is the end of July. Please keep him in your prayers.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Chandra! I hear you and I'm only at 2 kids! Motherhood is so completely overwhelming at times. So rewarding AND so overwhelming. I will keep both you and Chris in my prayers. Hang in there.

McKayTroop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McKayTroop said...

I understand the overwhelming stuff! I feel like I've been a single Mom of 3 kids lately! I just keep reminding myself of one of my favorite phrases in the scriptures, "And it came to pass..." It's actually kinda become a mantra... Good luck to everyone!

heather said...

I completely understand. Remember when I had the twins and was completely overwhelmed not even able to comprehend having any more children and you thought I was crazy. -I am sure you get it now. I know you will move past that stage much faster than I did, you are super woman. Just remember you have to take care of yourself. Your children will thank you for it later. Wish I could be there to help you like you did for me. Come here for a vacation and I will give you a break...;).

Doug said...

You sound overwhelmed! We're back in town, my sister will be here until tomorrow. We'll probably out later as the kids have been enjoying riding bikes together. Hang in there Chandra, it does get easier just takes some time.

Becca

Jen said...

It was overwhelming for me for a while too. Three was very busy with a little baby, but rest assured, it has all calmed over the year and a half. The boys are all great friends and play and keep each other "in trouble." :) It is good trouble though. I look back at it now and feel so happy to have all three and can't honestly remember all of those overwhelming days! This is the good news. Hang in there!

We miss you!

Sheila Reed said...

Chandra! Everyone feels like you do at times...sometimes it feels like you are the only one who can't handle it. I know I do! But, trust me, even those moms who look like they handle it with ease have been there, and have their days now and then! It is definitely a SHARP roller coaster after having a new one-especially after your third one! You are one of the best mothers I've ever seen, so just BREATHE through the tears and then you will smile. It always helps me to just have a good cry. Chris, just let her cry.