blog background

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So, I finished up my last of 8 shifts last night....wow! What a week this has been! I feel like I could sleep for about 2 days straight....Glad it's OVER and I can look forward with fun activities to do with the kids. Tonight, after putting Ethan to bed, he said, "Mom, Happy Valentine's Day! I love you." How did he know that I needed to hear those words! Kids are such a blessing. Alexis was busy telling me about her trip to the zoo as she was lying in bed, supposed to be attempting to sleep this evening. My dad and sister took the kids this past Sat. to the Washington Zoo with the cousins. Of course they loved it! Lexi was busy telling me about the monkeys and why is it that they don't have any hair on their bums?!? The things this kid things of is so funny! She still asks me daily why my tummy is so big and when I tell her it's because there is a baby brother in there, she rubs my belly and says, "I love you brother!" Melts my heart everytime!
Chris is off on Friday and so it's our first day spent together in almost 2 1/2 weeks! I can't believe our schedules, but it will get better! I'm not going to be picking up that many shifts anymore and Chris is going full-time work soon, so hopefully we will be able to actually spend some time together instead of just passing in the wind!
I cut the boys' hair yesterday! Ethan needed a haircut and so did dad! Ethan was amazed at his pile of hair and how much I had cut off. He then kept saying how small dad's pile was and asked, "Dad, where is all of your hair?" Somethings we will never know!
I appreciate all the comments on the last post. I really did read them over and over to get me through! Thanks for the love and support! It's good to know that I wasn't the only one feeling the weight of life all at once! Sometimes bad things happen....that's life! Thank you for all the encouragement.
For Young Women's tonight, we tie dyed shirts for our stake basketball tournament coming up. It was fun. The girls had a good time! I am learning so much from them. We have such a really great group of girls in our YW program and I'm really blessed to be able to learn from them.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Ian just reminded me the other day that Heavenly Father made all types of people...some have hair, and some don't.I think that's a simple as it gets! Hope life settles down for you in the next little bit!

Maegan said...

I really like that family picture. It is awesome. Good lookin' family!