blog background

Friday, February 13, 2009

When it rains....it Pours!!!

Why is it that when something goes wrong....in the back of your mind, you are saying to yourself...this could be the first of several things going wrong! Why do these things happen in 3's or sometimes even more. It seems to me that Heavenly Father is trying to teach me something. Although I have been praying for increased strength and patience...so I guess He's answered my prayers faster than perhaps I would have liked!? Our civic has been having problems. So, in the shop it goes. Everyone knows that a simple oil change/tire rotation can end up to cost several $100's of dollars because, "well, it also needs this....done to it," so the shop says. And when you get your car back, it's nice when it drives and gets you from A to B without leaving you stranded on the side of the road after a long shift at work! So, back in the shop it goes....this time...the BIG expense. And you think....my gosh, how much more now needs to be fixed! Basically our car has almost a brand new engine by the time we were finished with it!!!
Chris' grandmother has been sick for quite some time. She was such a sweet, humorous women who loved life and loved her kids and grandkids and great-grandkids. She seldom felt sad and was an upbeat person until this last little while! Well, she passed away this past Tuesday in Utah. Chris is now there for her funeral and such with family whom he has not seen in quite awhile. This is also my weekend to work...it was just too pricey for all of us to go, so Chris loaded up the kids and away to mamma's again they all go while I'm working my normal shifts plus some extra to pay off the lovely car bill! They shall all return on Sunday night. Thanks mom for coming to our rescue yet again...It seems to be a normal thing lately!? I hope things slow down soon!
Anyway, so I get home yesterday...all upset and crying because life is ...well not going as well as I would like it to lately....and I guess I left the lights on. The civic is old- 1994- and so the newer cars have the ding when you leave the lights on before taking the key out of the ignition, but the option is not in our car. So, into the house I went to get some much needed sleep and when I came out to go to work again....dead car! I knew it was the battery this time, but still! I went to the neighbors house and she asked how I was doing....with suddenly sobbing she graciously lent me her car so I could get to work ontime! Thank goodness she was home...she's a school teacher and just happened to be home sick with the flu. (I have a note to remind me to make her dinner next week when I'm off) :) Anyway, another busy day at work and home late. I awoke to the phone ringing and then got up to see if someone from the car place that we owe lots of $ to could possibly come and help with the car. It would not come out of park and ended up needing a jump..for the battery and a $.10 fuse which he happened to have in his trusty work bag and hallelujah...the car is now working! Hopefully with no more issues for awhile! I miss my family...the kids are having a blast of course and Lexi has been asking my mother and sister, "why is your belly so big...are you having a baby too?" Oh, boy! She is something else! Luckily and thankfully we will be 27 weeks tomorrow with no problems and it's actually been a fun pregnancy so far...the baby kicks all the time...which is such an interesting feeling in itself! Anywho...does anyone feel like I do in that sometimes too many bad things happen all at once?
Help!!!
Thankfully, there is an end in sight and I know that 'this too shall pass.' I'm learning patience and realizing more and more that when life gives you lemons, you just have to make some lemonade with them!!!!
It's Friday the 13th...and so far, this day has been great!!! Hope you are planning something fun and loving for a special someone who makes your heart skip a beat!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

hugs girl! I hope everything goes better for you. We had a few weeks like that a couple months ago.

Mom of Esquared said...

Been there, Done That, I know what you are feeling. Hope you have a Great Valentines day, even though your family is not there with you. Hugs.

Josh and Cori said...

I often ask myself "why?" when everything seems to go wrong, and I feel like I have been doing what I am supposed to be doing-extra good, too.

You are not alone. This is your test, and I know you will grow from it. But being pregnant definitely adds another interesting "twist" to things (thanks, hormones).

Good luck. Love ya!

Crystal said...

Awwies, I am sorry, Chandra. I really am. I keep thinking of you about 3 times every day and how strong, supportive and loving you are. I am not sure how you do all that! I always get uuber cynical of hearing "oh, it will be better soon" or "it means you can handle it" or "it will make you stronger!" because I just think thoughts that make the whole thing worse as I, for a moment, contemplate every struggle I had ever had (or that I can remember) for a moment, so I am not going to say anything like that, but I will say this.

You amaze me. You inspire me. You entreat me to smile more, care more, love more, do more. Sister Jeppson, you handle things with an optimism and grace that is mind-blowing. Thank you for that. And you know what, I AM going to go ahead and say it, things WILL get better. Maybe this is happening so that when things finally ARE settled and the craziness has dissipated, you will always, always treasure the life you are working toward because the path has been so tough.

I adore you. Your family misses you too! And I love me some Lexi, she is a treasure.

heather said...

This year, well the last year we have had a few times where it seemed to be one thing after another. Isn't it fun...NO. WE are in one of those right now also. I hope all works out for you guys and Chris gets back safe. Get some sleep girl!

Sandy said...

Hi Chandra, my heart goes out to you and wish I could help you stop the rain. I read Crystal's comment and thought, this person really knows you. You ARE strong, caring, loving, inspiring and truly amazing. Those attributes will pull you through. Know that I'm thinking of you.