blog background

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saying, "I Love You..."

You know, after all the company has left, today I am left with a sore throat and feeling run down.  Still, I am so thankful for MANY things....It is Springtime in all it's glory...the blossoms on the trees and flowers; I awoke this morning to the birds singing at 6:30am.  Everything is happy.  And, we are happy too- Daddy is home.  I see such a difference in the kids' lives, their temperaments, everything really, when Daddy is here with us.  I just can't wait for him to finish...seems like forever until he's done, and yet, I know it's really not that far...and I can wait and be a little more patient.  Ethan today has been so happy...I know it is because Daddy is here....with each question, he'll ask, "Is Daddy coming?" When I say, "Yes," he'll reply with "YEAH!"  Kind of sad that he's gone so much, but really, it's ok because I know it will have an end.  Alexis just handed me a flower and said, "Mom, for you, my sweetest and most caring mommy.  I love you Mommy!"  Trying not to cry...I know it's because I don't feel good but really!  My most precious gift of all, my world just ran out the door to walk Frosty, Lucky and Ginger...my kids and my husband!  I am so blessed!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Careful, love. Keep this up and I will want to stay home A LOT more often...

Jen said...

Hey! Loved catching up on the last couple of months with your family. I'm glad you're enjoying life, for the most part. It is hard not having dad home, I'm sorry. But, you're right, it will have an end! :) Hang in there until then.
-Jen
P.S. Call me!