blog background

Friday, March 2, 2012

First real piecing experience!!

From going to the store and matching material to stitching the final corner, THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! I really enjoyed it!  For Christmas, I did several table runners, easy style!  Then I made a VERY simple baby blanket for my neighbor.  I really wanted to learn how to quilt, the piecing of the squares and putting everything together!  Well, one of my good friends down the road from me is so talented.  She LOVES to quilt!  Her quilts are gorgeous~ so intricate in design and color!  They are amazing!  I had her teach me the basics of what to do and she walked me through this first achievement for me!  I really love how it turned out!!!  The best thing about it was that I got to spend time with her and learn something new!!!
 The front!!!! I love how it turned out!  I had a hard time seeing the end result when choosing fabric, but I think it goes well!
 Amanda walked me though the egg, flower, puzzle piecing, and the circle designs.  I chose the daisy flower and it was really fun to put on gloves and move the material around to "quilt" the design!

The back!!!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awesome Chandra! I can now add you to my list of quilting buddies! Feel free to come over to my house to quilt together.