blog background

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First day of School....

What a bittersweet moment in my life today. Ethan begins kindergarten and Alexis begins preschool. Ethan was SO excited about his first day of school. He even woke up early...before I woke him up. He went to the bathroom, got dressed and when I peeked around the corner he said, "Hey mom, I woke up all by myself and I'm even dressed!" We had picked his clothes out last night before bed. He got a great night's sleep. Both kids were in bed by 7:30pm (b/c they got up at 7am with no nap). I made chocolate chip muffins ast night for breakfast...the kids favorite! They ate and I was just sitting there enjoying the commotion and running around this morning from the kids. Ethan just kept beaming. His smile was ear to ear. I tried to keep my tears in. He said, "Mom, don't cry. I'll be ok. If you cry, then I might cry!" I just can't believe how big he is. He wears a size 7 now. He is 5 years old. He is starting kindergarten at 'the big school,' riding 'the bus.' What a little man! Oh, to be a little fly on the wall....to listen to him interacting with other kids, to stand up for him if someone is mean to him.... I know that he is protected. Chris gave him and Alexis school blessings last night. It was very powerful! I'm so grateful for our knowledge of the gospel.
I told him to make good choices and have fun and he said, "I will mom." I know that he will. He is such a good boy.
Alexis was also beaming this morning. Her little spirit is so sweet and innocent. She has grown so much since even the beginning of the year. I am excited for her to meet some new friends that aren't 'Ethan's friends.' All the poor kid knows is boys!!! Around the neighborhood, she plays, rides bikes, does everything with 'all the boys' b/c all we have is boys! :) But, she loves it! Daddy and I dropped her off this morning and she said, 'Mom, I want to be with Ethan!'
I just love my kids so much...they are my world. I think being a mom is THE best blessing I could have...even with all the heartache!
Enjoy the pics!









Oh and look who found his thumb this morning and was busy sucking on it.....






The bus came....He got on and waved out of the window...still just a huge smile on his face. I know he will do well and have fun!

AND this little tike is now 3 months....wearing 6-9 month clothes!!!! What a cutie. He found his thumb this morning!!! Heehee! I can't believe how much he looks like Ethan!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Awww...they are all so cute. And how bitter-sweet for you. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about what you must be feeling. :)

heather said...

It is definitly bitter-sweet. It gets easier. Especially when they love it so much. I can't believe that we have children that are in Kindergarten, so sad.

The Caldwell's said...

Glad to know I'm not the only wife that tells her hubby to put the camera down! Enjoy your time with just the cute bebe!