blog background

Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Much Needed Update!!!

Well...it has been quite awhile since the last post....thanks to all the many things we have been doing...plus working! But, I have been really working with both Ethan and Lexi on their writing! I try and do at least 1 writing page and one fun page each day...sometimes it doesn't happen, but when it does, Lexi will usually squeal in delight b/c she loves to play school and Ethan will say, "After this...can we ride bikes?" That usually does it for him and he'll quickly finish to go outside! I would post the pics but it has our address, his name...you know....sad to say but stuff I don't want to be out there for the wrong person to see....isn't that sad!

So, Chris' Birthday came and went...it was a crazy week and I picked up some extra...but we were able to go out to dinner and ice cream....everyone loved that part! He's now the big 3-0 and still going strong! Happy Birthday, hunny!!! He got some nice gifts and some needed rest from his night shifts plus school during the day that week!

We decided to put Ethan in T-Ball this year! He loves it....one of the boys in his preschool class is on his team and he likes going to hit the ball. We are still working on the outfield...keep your eye on the ball....he can throw pretty well and really likes to go and be outside. Here are some pics from some of his games....





I was also able to go for a few days to visit my parents and sister for a weekend. Of course the kids and I loved getting outta town for a few days...it is always so nice to be with family. I miss them. My sister's family is growing with her oldest 2 already 8 and 7 years old and her baby is already 9 months!!! He's just such a sweet boy and is very photogenic! Smiles whenever you look at him. It was really nice for me to watch Ethan and Lexi with little David and see how kind and gentle they are with him! Lexi is especially sweet talking to him and stroking his hair or back telling him..."Hi, little David" in her baby voice! It's very touching! Mam-ah and Pap-pap of course spoiled them! Here are some pics....


THANKS UNCLE DAVE for giving the kids this helicopter that flies and lands on a base with 2 controls...it flies really really fast with new batteries in it...the kids are still playing with it for hours.....









Ethan participated in a Trike-A-Thon to raise money for St. Jude's Hospital....Ethan kept telling people....It's for a good cause, don't worry! He's hilarious sometimes! Anyway, he really enjoyed riding the course with the trikes....even though he kept telling me how he would be able to ride faster with his new bike! Here are some pics....













Ethan's birthday is coming up....he'll be 5!!!! Oh, where has the time gone? He is so tall and weighs 53lbs now....and this past week, he got 4 shots...2 in each leg...he took it like a champ, so brave! I just can't believe he is growing up so fast!
Baby is doing well....a few more weeks till he's here....I am very excited and nervous....and uncomfortable most of the time now...the last few weeks are always rough. Chris' work gave us a baby shower...a diaper shower! We were so touched...all those diapers! People are very very sweet to have given so freely. My work is giving us a shower also...this next Monday! It will be fun, I have no idea what they are planning but they are all really crazy, fun girls....I can't wait!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Emily set me up on a google account. Now I can send you comments!

Christina said...

We miss you guys so much! Eathan your B-Day party was so fun! You are getting so big and you are 5 now! Wow! I still can't believe how fast you are growing! Lexi you are getting big too! Love you! Chris and Chandra, don't worry, you two are wonderful parents and will be just fine with 3 kids. Love you all and we will see you again soon!