blog background

Saturday, May 12, 2012

I am a Mother

I am a mother.  I have the PRIVILEDGE of being a mother!  It is my calling.  I honestly can't imagine being ANYTHING else.  I LOVE what I do.  It's my full-time job.  It's not just my job...it's my duty, my opportunity to teach, serve, learn, laugh, love, cry, give my everything.  I am so blessed to be a woman and to be a mother.  Things don't alway go right, sometimes they are totally crazy...but when I fall down, I say a prayer and get up and try again!  That's the beauty.  It's the consistancy of not giving up.  I'm always there...I hope to always be there!!  And when I'm not present, I hope the kids will remember what they have been taught....they are children of God.....they are RIGHTEOUS....they are SPECIAL!!  So special....they were made in His image.....and that's saying something!  As a family, we read 4th Nephi tonight.....about how the people were united....and were one in Christ.  There were no divisions...no poor/needy.....Everyone was equal....WOW! And there was never a more happier people on Earth....and why was this....because they had the love of Christ in their hearts.  They worked together.  They prayed together and met together (Church) to pray and learn of Jesus.  They kept the commandments.  Tonight while sitting around the table, the kids got it! They said, "We do this and we are happy."  It's sometimes the simple things that are huge!  I love being a mother. 
 My mother in law with all my sister in laws.....Luray Caverns just a few days ago. I love and cherish you all! I hope you know this!  Thank you for coming and for blessing our family.
 My mother and father with Ethan on his baptism day May 5th at church.  Thank you for your support.  We love you.
Alexis, Hunter and Ethan....my world....well besides my husband who was busy studying for Finals when this picture was taken! 

Tomorrow is Mother's Day.  I am thinking about all those mom's in the world who have influenced me....to name a few:  my own mother, my great-aunt Anne Riley- who passed away while I was in high school, Jan Blackburn, Nancy Cowie, so many others to name....so many great, strong, faithful women who have helped me to become who I am today.  I am so grateful....I can't begin to write down how thankful I am.  I am so blessed.  I have my body to move about to bless others, to serve them to strengthen them and strengthen myself- to strengthen my own testimony of this work.  I feel so blessed to have the priviledges that I do.  What a blessing to be a woman, to be a mother!  Thank you to all those who have touched my heart and have served to bless me and my family.  I think of when Alexis was born at 34 weeks and women brought meals for 3 weeks, both in the church and out- MaryAnn Bayless....whom I worked with...brought over a roast, potatoes, carrots and homemade rolls....we ate on that meal for 3 days....so delicious.  I think of moving help we have received.  Countless times, women have served.  The potential that we have as women- to bless the lives of others is such an amazing quality the Lord has given us.  I hope to remember my divine nature and to never forget the priviledges I have been given by my Heavenly Father- for I am a daughter of Him!  I can do all things in Christ, which strengthen me. Phillipians 2:14.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Happy Mother's Day Chandra!!! Sounds like such a wonderful time with your family!