blog background

Friday, September 23, 2011

Service to others

This past Sunday, we had an amazing sacrament meeting given by an 11 year old boy in our stake, a 14 year old girl and our high counselor....all about service and why we are to give service...getting back to the basics! So, naturally, I asked the kids how they thought the meeting went.  I really really appreciated Ethan's sigh with a "Well, OK Mom, I guess I'll do something nice for Alexis this week!"


Monday for family home evening, I challenged the kids, Hunter too, to do something nice for someone else at least once every day for 2 weeks for a little "reward".  I have to say that we are 5 days into it now, and I'm loving how the kids are thinking of "things" they can do for others.  Ethan has helped his teacher this week, made Alexis' bed, has spoken nicer!  Alexis has made our bed.  She continues to be an example of love and obedience.  Both are speaking so nice to each other...for the most part!  I'm very touched by their efforts!  The spirit abides in our home more.  I'm really enjoying this challenge...as I'm trying to do more things everyday for them and for Chris.  Hopefully this will help them see how influencial they can be in someone else's life by giving Christlike service. 

No comments: